04 October 2004

Thar She Blows!

The last time Washington was in the national news was when Starbucks raised the price of lattes. This being a State that consumes vast amounts of java, there was a small revolt among the caffeine-deprived populace.

We are back in the news. Mt St Helens, yes,that volcano, is having a temper tantrum again. The temperamental lady has belched steam and continues to shake. Possible eruption is now on level 3, which means it could happen anytime. There are crowds of onlookers camped in various places. A reporter friend of mine flew as close to 3 miles at about 10,000 feet for pictures last Saturday.

I know you are concerned about my safety. I am about 3 hours away from the unmannerly lady. A few persons tell me that when she did this previously they also felt the explosion where I now live. I am quite safe and just like you I am getting my reports on TV and the internet.

2 comments:

Ibarra Teodoro said...

It's nice to know that you are safe in your place.
We will never forget our own experience when Mt.
Pinatubo erupted in the 90's.It scoured away human
civilization in Pampanga in days, weeks, months and
took 5 years to recover.Take the necessary precau-
tions. Praying for you.

Ibarra Teodoro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.