10 January 2006

Something about Mother.

This was from my dad, (Pablo, Jr.) a few months ago, but I think should be shared. Thanks- Nathan

----- Original Message -----
From: Dad
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 11:26
Subject: Mother

I read this from my Anglican Breviary:

Emerentiana, a Roman martyr of unknown date, is reputed by some to be the foster sister of St Agnes, and whilst a catechumen to have upbraided idolators who were attacking Christians. Whereupon she was stoned to death whilst praying at the tomb of holy Agnes, and thereby baptized in her own blood, so generously shed for Christ. (Note: This phrase means that she did
not have a chance ot be baptized, she was still a catechumen, but because she was martyred she was "baptized" nevertheless.-PT)
She is commemorated on 23 January.

I have always wondered where her name came from.

From your Dad and Brother

No comments: