We are expecting to get a little snow storm- as much as 8-12 inches, but you never know around here. When 1-2 are
predicted, we get a foot, then when they predict a lot, we only get rain. It's been such a mild winter, which has helped a lot (we have oil heat), but it'd be nice to have some snow for the kids to play in.
Danica spent her first night away from home last night, at her friend Christina's (just down the road). I think daddy was nervous about it, but she wasn't. When Brenda picked her up today, she said she likes going over to play, but doesn't like sleeping away from home-too many noises she didn't know, so she couldn't sleep very well.
Brenda's business is going so well. Her URL is http://blincdesigns.com. She's a great Web site designer, and it seem that every single (except one) client has referred another, so she got a lot of work. She tries to get it done between everything else she has to do at home with the kids, and juggling the books. She's been a great teacher for the kids, too. Danica is way ahead of where they expect in her kindergarten class, and Logan (4th grade) is getting honor roll every grading period, so far. We are very proud, but Bren can take a lot of credit.
I am reading to the kids most nights (Danica is actually reading to me), and Logan and I are about to finish the third volume in the "Chronicles of Narnia" by C.S. Lewis. We are both enjoying them. We started before we found out that "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" was going to be a movie, so that was an added bonus.
I am doing a lot with my martial arts blog (http://tdatraining.blogspot.com/) now, and really enjoying it. I have been training and teaching a long time, and figured I'd pass along what I could.
My job search is going slowly. I thought I had a good prospect with a company based in PA that has a consulting side for public safety information technology, but they are waiting for a federal contract to come through. I am looking at working for the federal government myself, so we'll see which comes through first. If I get it, we're planning on selling our home here and moving to the Pittsburgh area.
Logan is doing well in Scouts, and had a great time at the pinewood derby. He made an "X-Craft," an experimental, high-speed military boat. I was so proud of him-he mad the whole thing himself. He's really into military heavy equipment. It wasn't fast, but it looked cool! Danica's design (Brenda's creation) was an old-fashioned toy horse truck. It was really neat looking. Danica had a great time.
Both the kids have school field trips coming up, and I'll let you know more later.
Love- Nathan and family
11 February 2006
We prepare for a storm
Posted by
Unknown
at
4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How much snow did you get?All we had in Washington was cold,frigid wind.But most lowlanders here would prefer to visit snow up the mountains.We are surrounded by the Cascades Mountain Range. Lots of snow up those mountains!
Shall we arrange for Logan's interview with Boeing?When you come to visit, we can arrange for a tour of the Boeing plant nearby.
Post a Comment