The snow,ice,rain, and fierce winds are gone. We are seeing more sunshine and blue skies.It is warm enough(40 degrees) for shorts.I hope that the nice weather stays.
We have attended two weddings. The first one was the 25th Anniversary (re-wedding?) of Filipino friends at St Thomas More Church. So many Filipinos all in one place! Everyone,including myself and Larissa participated in the Filipinos' favorite activity:eating.
The bride and groom had money pinned on them.The proceeds were to go for a youth group.Almost everyone danced but the music sure was old.No salsa,no new music.It was still a lot of fun.
The next wedding was of our friend Valerie. The groom was of Serbian ancestry and so we had the Serbian Orthodox priest and our own Antiochian Orthodox priest(Fr. Bernstein,converted from Judaism) do the wedding service. It was quaint and so wonderful. Reception was also at St Thomas More Hall, this time with Serbian dancing. I can now say that I know how to dance some Russian(hopak) and now Serbian dances.
Last Sunday,21 January was the anniversary(2004)of my prostate implant and freedom from cancer. We are also remembering Kim(died 25 January 2003) today.May the Lord lead her from light to light to her Savior.
I am enjoying my volunteer job with the Edmonds Center for the Arts. We have had Al Jarreau,the Paul Taylor Dancers, and this Saturday a group from Brazil will perform.I am usually assigned to Concessions or the Will Call(tickets).
25 January 2007
Goings On in Washington(the real Washington!)
Posted by
Pablo Teodoro,Jr.
at
10:04 PM
Labels: Pablo Jr and Larissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A follow up:
"Hopak" is Ukrainian.
I had to correct the infomation I provided(thought it was Russian)or I sleep on the sofa tonight according to my Ukrainian wife.
Post a Comment