I wanted to let everyone know as soon as we heard, but that didn't happen by a few hours (I'm working), but we have a contract on a home in PA near Pittsburgh. Only a couple of things can derail this train now, if either home inspection reveals something that is seriously wrong. We're scheduled to close on the sale of our Virginia house on August 9, then the PA house on the 10th, so things are happening fast!
We're buying a 2800 sq ft ranch with a partially finished basement on about 4 acres adjoining Morain State Park in PA, so it's mostly forest around us. It's beautiful! The house is very spacious and open feeling, but does have some cosmetic items to repair and upgrade (11 years old) due to the fact that the builder never finished it(!), but they all seem to be purely cosmetic, and we (Brenda) are so handy, it won't be a problem. She'll tell me what and how to do it, then I can handle it!
The kids are very excited, as what we've been talking about for almost a year has finally come to fruition. We are budgeting for new furniture and appliances (as needed), but also to fence in pasture, build a barn, then buy two horses (for Danica and Brenda) and a go-cart (for Logan). I just get the satisfaction of knowing my family's having fun! Seriously, we love it! When the home is finished, it'll be over 5000 sq ft of space, so we can put up partitions and rent out space to all of you!
The sad part is that I won't be near my Virginia family, and we'll have to travel a lot to see each other. The upside of that is that each visit will be more special, and I'll be nearer to Auntie Nanette and Uncle Gary in Ohio (within 2 hours, I think).
We thank you all for the support, prayers, and love.
Nathan
17 July 2007
We got a house
Posted by
Unknown
at
6:07 PM
Labels: Moving, Nathan and Brenda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Nathan and Brenda!
You waited a long time for this.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment